imagineNATIVE Institute Call Short Lab Mentorship
Call for application Short Lab Mentorship
The imagineNATIVE Institutes Screenwriting Shorts Lab is a 6-month professional development program that will support 6 Indigenous creatives from Canada.
Each participant will develop a short film script from concept/treatment to final draft.
Led by an Indigenous story editor, the writers will receive support throughout each stage of their script, providing feedback, advice, and writing resources. Participants will receive four stipends delivered at intervals throughout the lab (revised treatment, 1st draft, 2nd draft, 3rd draft). It is expected that each participant will meet deadlines and participate in individual feedback calls and group workshops.
Throughout this lab, you will share your work with the story editor, select iN staff, session leaders, and fellow screenwriting shorts lab participants for feedback.
Each participant will leave with a completed script and a professional pitch package.
- Open to First Nations, Métis, or Inuit applicants in Canada.
- The script must be for an original narrative short film with a run-time of 40 minutes or less, including credits.
- Complete the application form
- In addition to the application form, applications must include the following documents in PDF format (sent in one email) to submit@imagineNATIVE.org
- 1-page treatment for your film idea: write the story in prose
- 2-3 pages of a scene(s) to illustrate dialogue
- References – provide stills or images that reference the overall tone/look/feel that you want your film to have. These can be images or stills from popular films/series, stock images, or your own photography. Provide a brief, written explanation of the tone/look/feel.
Please submit supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Friday, October 7, 2022.