You can directly connect your laptop or computer using an HDMI cable, by following these steps:
- Make sure your computer is close enough to your TV for the HDMI cable to reach.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into your computer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an available HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the HDMI input number.
- Using the TV’s remote control, set the TV to the HDMI input that matches the port you connected the cable to.
- If your computer’s display does not automatically appear on your television screen, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display:
- Windows: Right-click on the desktop and select “Display Settings” > “Detect” > “Multiple displays”, and select “Duplicate these displays”), and click Apply.
- Mac: Go to the Apple Menu and choose “System Preferences”. Choose “Displays”, and hold down the “Option” key to show the “Detect Displays” button. Click on “Detect Displays” while holding down the Option key.